When should I start
Routine breast screening is not normally advised for women under 40 years of age, unless there are high risk factors. There is no ideal interval for screening, however, 12 months to 18 months (in the absence of clinical signs) is advised. A recent study in Boston has demonstrated that there could be a 60% lifetime reduction in breast cancer deaths if regular screening was carried out from the age of 40.
The Princess Grace Hospital provides a high quality service for our breast screening patients:
- Quick response to referrals
- Appointments to suit individual needs
- Experienced, professional and caring team
- Access to Clinical Nurse Specialists
- All mammography and ultrasound results usually available within 24 hours
- Breast awareness advice and information.